Wednesday, February 15, 2006

WHERE HAVE I GONE?

CATCHING UP…what a concept! It’s been so many MONTHS since I made a new entry…just like a lot of things I’m involved in I get STARTED but I sometimes do not FINISH…

Now that I’m using Blogger for Word, perhaps I can expedite the ‘catching up’ but I assure you, there are gaps…that I won’t fill.

It’s been crazy at work…around the time of my last entry, we were involved in building a new, double-secret project for the U.S. NAVY that we’ve been developing for six years. I was the PM for this, as well as the lead for the installation team in San Diego over the holidays.

Lately, I’ve been hustling at work during our slow period (first quarter…ugh) to keep everybody busy, stuff going out the door, money coming in. Being busy sure beats being slow, all the way around.

Some highlights (and lowlights, eh?) of the past few months…
  • My best friend Dave Conyer was shot and killed by the police in my old hometown of Decatur, Illinois, right before Christmas of 2004 during a stand-off where a domestic altercation ensued between he and his wife. She and their children saw the whole thing…and I did not find out about this until my sister returned from my 20th class reunion (which I did not attend). Dave was a very solid pal, and back in my formative days, Dave and I lived our punk rock lives to the extreme, from wearing kool records thin to hurling through plate glass windows. Lost touch with him when I left Decatur. I always knew Dave would “go out like that” but to find out about it is a sincere shock to my system. R.I.P., my friend…I’ll never forget you.

  • I spent the better part of the holidays in San Diego on an install; it was nice there but it’s a weird place. While there, I hooked up with my good friend Michael and have some kool pictures to share.

  • I also spent Thanksgiving with my parents in Peoria, IL and hooked up with Mark while there, have some pics of that as well.

  • Have been VERY active in posting on my favorite site, sharing my personal impressions and relevant historical data (and sometimes…irrelevant)…will share the text of some of those postings here also.

Ta ta for now!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home